Friday, February 12, 2021

Shots of the Day – # 38 - Autumn Mist

 It’s a New Year. After all that ranting and travel reporting last year, I feel like starting the year easy. Less words. More pictures. I’m certain many of you approve.

I posted last year about how the Covid restrictions don’t have to suspend one’s photographic impulses. The sun-lit world is there for the taking. I say ‘sun-lit’ referring to everything outdoors in the daytime. I know wonderful pictures can be made at night and indoors with artificial light…just not by me.

In the first year of this blog, one of my earliest ‘Tips of the Day’ was to ‘Get Out in the Weather.’

Sometimes, I follow my own advice. Below are some images from a morning walk through the ‘hood in October…and a few quotes.

Misty Morning on Martin Road (22 October 2020)

Dogen

Where the Path Leads (22 October 2020)

Mist in the morning is Earth’s morning breath
Nanette L. Avery

Misty Autumn 2020 (22 October 2020)

J. R. R. Tolkien

Summer’s Over (22 October 2020)

Day and night cannot dwell together.
The Red Man has ever fled the approach of the White Man,
as the morning mist flees before the morning sun.
Chief Seattle

The soft light and focus give an impressionist quality to some of the images. The trees are shedding their season’s production. The autumn palette is in the air and on the ground. The misty light ensures there are no bright sunspots or dark shadows in the scenes. I believe the uniform diffuse light is the most important feature here.

I like the possibilities that come from extremely overcast days. The next post will take ‘overcast’ to the extreme when the subject is fog.

3 Comments:

At February 12, 2021 2:56 PM, Blogger Bevnichols said...

Thanks Ted nice soft beginning to the year. Photos as always are lovely.

 
At February 13, 2021 5:13 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

I love these soft, vibrant colors and can smell the moistness in the air, the musty leaves as they cling to life before winter. Beautiful. Thank you for this warm nature hug, Ted.

 
At February 19, 2021 1:17 PM, Blogger Ted Ringger said...

Well, thank you both. I do enjoy observing the changing seasons and much prefer to be in certain places when the weather is not otherwise ideal.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home