Thursday, August 24, 2017

Shots of the Day – 16 – New Orleans – Nancy’s Garden

Nancy’s Garden # 2, New Orleans (20 June 2005)

Because August is the month Hurricane Katrina nearly did New Orleans in, I am devoting all the SOD’s to images from our former home town.

Just two months before the storm hit, I was in the city, enjoying my first post-retirement road trip…staying with friends…eating my way through town and firing away with my first digital camera.

Nancy’s Garden # 9, New Orleans (20 June 2005)

In the Uptown neighborhood, you can find some fine old houses. Some have magnificent gardens. As you can imagine, such a warm, wet place is quite favorable to plant life. For many of the local flora, the challenge is not getting them to grow but keeping them in check.

Nancy’s Garden # 1, New Orleans (20 June 2005)

Thanks to Nancy (and Don) for allowing me to shoot their magnificent yard…and for some fine dining and partying, too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home