Monday, October 23, 2017

Shots of the Day - # 20 - Autumn Light

Autumn Light out the Front Door (23 October 2015)

There’s something special about autumn light, especially here in the Maryland woods. Most of the trees around the house are tulip poplars, whose leaves turn yellow in the fall. There is a brief time when the canopies are still pretty full but some of the leaves have fallen. On clear days, during that special, ‘Magic Hour’ time when the sun is warm and low in the sky, the golden light will shine through the thinner canopy and illuminate the trees from the side. Unlike the summertime, when this area is enveloped in deep green shade, in the fall, it’s like the trees are lit from within.

Autumn Self-Portrait (23 October 2015)

Living in the woods does not provide many opportunities for shots like this. Long shadows on the golden ground. I look like a stilt-walker at the carnival. I like it…and I rarely like photos of myself.

4 Comments:

At November 20, 2017 7:01 PM, Blogger William Hahnenberger said...

Good shots

 
At November 20, 2017 7:19 PM, Blogger Ted Ringger said...

Thanks. I guess you don't get the piles of leaves and fungus varieties in your part of the country. I appreciate your attention.

 
At November 21, 2017 8:27 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

Love the still shot.

 
At November 22, 2017 9:00 AM, Blogger Ted Ringger said...

Thank you. I assume you mean the long shadow pic. I don't do 'selfies' and the shots I do take that include me are often obscure and indistinct. Thanks for visiting.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home