Sunday, April 05, 2015

Re-Introducing the State Capitol Odyssey

Rotunda in the Old Mississippi Capitol, Jackson (17 May 2012)

My State House Odyssey was first introduced the year this blogging adventure began. A month later, in October 2011, the first two were posted. I thought I could present them in the order they were visited (so I could get the earliest ones up before I forgot what I saw and photographed). The charming, small-town capitols in Concord, New Hampshire and Montpelier, Vermont provided some fun stories.

Rotunda, Indiana Capitol, Indianapolis (15 June 2009)

In 2012, the capitol in Cheyenne, Wyoming was shown in two parts. Later, after visiting Jackson, Mississippi, that post went up. With the concentrated schedule of the Dead Presidents Quest, the last state house, Springfield Illinois, was presented in January 2013, also in two parts. As is my prerogative, I will abandon the initial format and post capitol tales as the spirit moves me.

Chandelier, Vermont House of Representatives (6 October 2009)

I was going to start with the capitols of states I have lived in. There are four, each from a different region of the country. After that, a story might go up because the state was in the news or some governor was convicted and about to go to prison…oh, that’s right. I already did Illinois. As it turns out, another state will lead off.

Some of these places are just too interesting and photogenic. It will take more than one post to show and tell all I want to share.

We’ll see.
Hope you like the stories and images as much as I liked the visits.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home