Thursday, March 10, 2011

(Re-) Introducing Images and More

It’s been a long time between posts. I have not stopped thinking and writing since 2006…I’m just not much of a self-promoter. I want to change that. There are many photography blogs out there. Most are done by pros that have expertise and special knowledge to impart. ‘Images and More’ will be about this person’s continuing growth and development as a photographer.

Friends say I am a good photographer. At times, I have doubts. I have seen good photographers and believe I know what they do to excel in this craft. Since I have been doing it for a long time, I would admit I am experienced…but not necessarily accomplished. I may have an eye for composition but my abilities in the digital darkroom are definitely limited. My hope is that this effort to regularly communicate photographic learning and experience will promote development - the reader’s and especially my own. If I formally propose to expand knowledge, do things that are new to me and share them on line, maybe I will actually do it. What a concept.

Then there is the ‘And More’ side of the blog. If I were to have a tombstone, it would read, “He tried to be informative and entertaining”. At the risk of alienating some readers, there will also be the occasional post that is not about photography. This site was first created because I saw the devastation that Hurricane Katrina did to my former home town and I was upset at the government’s failure to respond to it. If one pays attention to current events, not a day can pass without some development that makes you grab your head in frustration. Absent a picture story, I just might fire off an opinion piece. If the reader is offended and vows never to return, that’s the breaks. To paraphrase Leslie Gore, it’s my blog and I’ll rant if I want to.

2 Comments:

At March 22, 2011 8:10 AM, Blogger Unknown said...

Reading your bio was both informative and entertaining. I am with Ray Nichols, post on facebook for wider visibility. That is so you can either electrify or offend more people. Electrify with the photos and offend the complacent brains with your rants. Gail Kelley

 
At April 07, 2011 1:05 PM, Blogger Ted Ringger said...

Thanks, Gail. I'll need to be careful there. I'm trying to develop photographic themes first. While a rant might feel good, it will always fall flat with someone in my [very small] circulation. But, there will be times...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home